So these are those ultra bright LED's I got off eBay. The resistors were for 12V so maybe that's reducing the brightness, but I'm using them anyway.
Again, I had no PCB material, well, proper PCB material. Some dense corrigated card did the job, pin holes punched in. Solder applied at the back although it in no way bonds with the material.
I put it together with the guitar and pad, to get the general effect, posted photos above.
PS: I fixed the nut, sorta... I think theres still a slight hole for the bottom bit to catch into, like its original hole carries on after the gap. I just took the nut off, pulled them out, put it in an placed some padding foam in with it so its secure and grips better. For the moment, its straight, strung up okay, and isn't giving me any problems yet.
Most electrics equiptment should come tommorow.